Recently, I made my own font with Calligraphr. I don’t remember being so excited about anything else in the recent past. The fact that it was so easy made it even more fun. Here are the steps you need to follow to make your font on Calligraphr. If you do, please share an image of your font with me. I’d love to see how it turned out. Just one tip: try to make your letters lean not spread out like mine. I would have liked my font to be just a little more fine than it is now. Other than that, it is quite what I wanted it to be.
- Go to the Calligraphr website.
- Sign up for free.
- Confirm your email.
- Download and print a template of your choice.
- Write on the template with a black felt pen (recommended). I used Paper Mate Flair Medium. I use it for all my hand lettering tasks.
- Scan it to your device.
- Upload it on Calligraphr.
- Build your font.
- Click on the .ttf format and install it on your computer to use it with MS Word.
- Your font is ready to use.
The instructions on the website are remarkably easy to follow, and the whole process didn’t even take me a full hour. I was quite happy with the results and even made a few handwriting practice sheets. Message me if you’d like to receive free copies of the practice sheets. I’d love to share them with you and get your feedback on them.
©️ Pebble in the Ocean 2021